Saturday, December 23, 2006

The Edge of the Forest, Issue 10

The Edge of the Forest, Issue 10 is up!

Highlights include a podcast, Sounds From The Forest, from the creators of Just One More Book!!. I will be podcasting at Tea Cozy and Pop, just as soon as I (a), buy the equipment and (b) get over hating the sound of my own voice.

This month's interview is with writer Karen English; and children's writer, Debby Dahl Edwardson, is the focus of the monthly "A Day In the Life" column.

Little Willow has her Best Books of 2006 list. Must ... resist... the ... power ... of .... the .... I CANNOT RESIST. Counting, counting... I've read 11 of the 24 titles.

And I'm back in the game, with two YA book reviews, Cathy's Book by Sean Stewart and Jordan Weisman (copy donated by publisher) and The Life Murder of Bindy Mackenzie by Jaclyn Moriarty (personal copy). Both books are getting added to my Best Books of 2006 (see sidebar); Cathy's Book for it's innovative storytelling that works; and Bindy because it's Jaclyn Moriarty. D'uh.

As you look over the latest edition, consider submitting something! Big A little a is seeking submissions for the January 2007 issue.

2 comments:

Little Willow said...

Oooh, have I power?

Anonymous said...

I also want to podcast, but I also hate the sound of my own voice. It's quite the dilemma.