Friday, February 22, 2008

Poetry Friday: Supernatural

The last two episodes of Supernatural have been out. standing.

So I decided to be inspired by that show; and here are my poems for Dean and Sam, aka pretty, pretty boys.

The Philosophy of Pitchforks by Sue Owen

In the dark pit of hell,
I imagine that the pitchfork
comes in pretty handy
to hurl the evil ones

into their pitch-black places,
hurls, flings, and tosses
them down as a part of
their permanent torment there.

...

The rest of the poem is at Poets.org.


Orfeo by Jack Spicer.

...
Hell is this:
The lack of anything but the eternal to look at
The expansiveness of salt
The lack of any bed but one’s
Music to sleep in.

The complete poem is at Poets.org.

And, finally:

Prayer To Persephone by Edna St. Vincent Millay

Be to her, Persephone,
All the things I might not be:
Take her head upon your knee.
She that was so proud and wild,
Flippant, arrogant and free,
She that had no need of me,
Is a little lonely child
Lost in Hell,—Persephone,
Take her head upon your knee:
Say to her, "My dear, my dear,
It is not so dreadful here

The round up is at Big A little a.

No comments: