Friday, November 17, 2006

Poetry Friday

I went looking for something Thanksgiving related, and came across this at the Library of Congress:

Thanksgiving by Mrs. L.A. Sherman

Well I wonder what is up now,
My schoolmates with faces so bright,
I am going to find out somehow,
Or to bed I'll not go this night.
I was wondering today what [a's?] about,
But to ask questions I'm not allowed,
Till she told me to run out,
I thought I was making to large a crowd.
Oh I know now what's going on,
Tis' the great Thanksgiving day,
But I'll tell if ice was on the pond,
I would make it one of play.

The rest of the poem is here (scroll down).



Round Up:

Don't forget to nominate your favorite 2006 poetry book over at the Cybils.

Chicken Spaghetti has a great round up of posts. So please, head over there for this week's round up!

No comments: