Sunday, August 05, 2007

Pop Goes The Book

You may have noticed not as much posting, or not as much substantial posting. Well, here's the thing. Sophie Brookover and I are in the midst of writing a book. It's called Pop Goes the Library: Using Pop Culture to Connect With Your Whole Community, and the good folks at ITI are going to publish it, sometime in 2008.

So while we're researching, writing, revising, etc., we have a request for those of you readers who work in libraries.

We have this survey, you see, and it would help us out tremendously if you'd be willing to answer our questions. It's one thing for us to write about what we think makes a great marriage between pop culture & libraries; it's quite another, more powerful thing to quote our experienced colleagues on this topic. So, if you're willing, our survey is right here.

We apologize in advance if you see e-mail survey-related e-mails on various list-servs. We're trying to gather as many responses as the library community is willing to provide. Thank you so much for taking the time to participate. We know our book will be that much better for your contributions!

Adapted from Sophie's post at Pop.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liz, that is SO cool. Congratulations! I will make sure my librarian friends here get copies.

tanita✿davis said...

Yay, congratulations!!
What fun!

MotherReader said...

Congrats to you on your book! I did your survey, but didn't have much useful to add - sorry to say. Except to say that at least one large library system is pretty uninvolved with pop culture.

Lindsey said...

Liz,
I did fill out the survey so don't say I never did nothing for ya!

Chris Barton said...

This is the best news I've heard all day (and I'm about to go to bed, so I don't expect anything to top it). Congratulations!

Vivian Mahoney said...

Good luck and congrats!

Greg Pincus said...

That is fantabulous, Liz (and Sophie)! Pop go my virtual champagne corks!

Sarah Stevenson said...

Congrats! This sounds great--I'll pass it on to a librarian friend who uses pop culture in her classes on library research.